Colloidal Oatmeal Powder for Skin
Colloidal Oatmeal Powder for Skin
Colloidal oatmeal is a fine powder made from whole oat kernels with bran, used as a skin protectant that soothes itchiness, inflammation, and sloughs away dead skin cells. Unlike oat powder made at home, colloidal oatmeal has a smaller particle size which makes it suitable for making homemade powder cleansers.
Use it directly as a face/hair mask with water. Add it to your face masks/ bath powders/ powder cleanser. You can even add a tablespoon to your baby’s bath water.
Colloidal oatmeal refers to whole oat kernels (with bran) that have been finely milled and processed in order to be used as a skin protectant.
- Difference between Oats Flour & Colloidal Oatmeal?: Oat flour normally has the bran removed to improve the taste for food applications. Colloidal oatmeal is manufactured with the bran as it contains the important skin soothing actives. In addition to this, there is a major difference in texture. Colloidal Oatmeal has smaller particle size than oats flour which makes it perfect for skincare applications. Colloidal oatmeal is finely ground and processed to allow these molecules to be used by the skin and forms a thin film which binds to the skin to form a soothing protective barrier.
- Colloidal Oatmeal Benefits for Skin: When used topically, colloidal oatmeal soothes itchiness, rashes or any sort of inflammation on skin. Colloidal oatmeal is finely ground and processed to allow these molecules to be used by the skin and forms a thin film which binds to the skin to form a soothing protective barrier. If used regularly, it can avoid dryness and dry patches on skin. It also naturally sloughs away dirt, oil, and dead skin cells.
- Colloidal Oatmeal Benefits for Hair: Oats contain polysaccharides which make hair soft, it is rich in omega-6 fatty acids that repair damaged hair, conditions rough hair, provides hydration, adds elasticity to hair while soothing scalp itchiness. Since colloidal oatmeal is a fine powder, it makes for a great ingredient in hair masks.
- How to use it? Use it directly as a face/hair mask with water. Add it to your face masks/ bath powders/ powder cleanser/ hair masks/ soaps recipes. You can even add a tablespoon to your baby’s bath water.
- Can you make Colloidal Oatmeal at home? NO! To be effective, colloidal oatmeal is micronized to a specific particle size. It also needs to be processed so the starch is modified so it can be effectively dispersed into balms/ bath water etc. This is not something that can be achieved at home by grinding oats in a coffee grinder or blender.
What makes us different?
Two things that make us unique: Firstly, we source our ingredients directly from farmers in India to ensure top quality, unlike other brands that simply claim to use "farm-sourced" ingredients. Secondly, we go beyond just selling products by providing a platform for safe and effective DIY beauty and wellness solutions. Our founder, a certified formulator and aromatherapist, carefully creates each recipe and shares her expertise with customers, empowering them to take charge of their own self-care.
I have just ordered a few of your products. Started using the oatmeal to wash my face. Feels so good and love the smell. Does not dry out the skin like the other cleansers and leaves the skin feeling soft, supple and hydrated.
Hi, had to tell u recently had a severe reaction to a product leaving my skin extremely dry and flaky. I had samples of your oats and kaolin powder mixed them and have been using them as a cleanser saw dryness fade away in just 2 washes. Truly pure and amazing products u have. Thanks again.
I tried colloidal oatmeal samples received in my previous orders. I replaced it with my morning facewash until the samples lasted. The powder is so fine and easy to use. it’s so gentle on the skin, doesn’t make my skin dry. Frankly saying, I didn't have many expectations of its performance, thought it would leave my skin scaly dry. Surprisingly after washing my face, my skin felt so clean yet not dry.
My skin is dry & sensitive. Usually, in winter it's difficult to calm my skin. But with 7-10days of usage, skin felt so balanced
it's just made skin soft and glowing
It is very moisturising ,after face wash my skin don't feel dry. I ordered 11 jars, mixed it with kaolin clay, rose powder and apricot kernel meal .. I made it for my sister.. she is using it in U.S.. her skin doesn't dry and really loves it.. thank you very much