No Indian curry is complete without Curry Leaves
aka the curry patta that is found in our kitchen gardens. But have you tried Curry Leaves for skin and hair? Many ayurvedic skin and hair remedies contain curry leaves as an ingredient. Let us find out how this little curry plant found in every Indian household can benefit your skin and hair.
Benefits of Curry Leaves for Skin
- Rich in antioxidants, curry leaves can be used as a home remedy to treat common fungal infections of the nail or any body part that are often difficult to treat. Make a paste of our Curry Leaves Powder with water and apply on affected area.
- Curry leaves help treat acne. Mix one teaspoon of Turmeric with one tablespoon of our Curry Leaves Powder and make a paste with water. Apply it on face and body to heal acne. Or use our Curry Leaf Hydrosol as toner after cleansing.
- It has strong anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can cure the skin of any infection, inflammation or redness. Just simply spray our Curry Leaves Hydrosol on the affected area.
Benefits of Curry Leaves for Hair
- Curry Leaves prevents premature greying, fights fungal infections like dandruff, brings life to limp and dry hair and prevents hair fall.
- It improves follicle health by getting rid of built up dead skin, dirt, and grime.
Every day use our Curry Leaf Hydrosol
as a scalp and hair mist, let it dry naturally and comb your hair. Once a week apply a hair mask made with our Curry Leaf Powder.
DIY HAIR MASK WITH CURRY LEAVES
Mix one tablespoon Curry Leaf Powder,
one tablespoon Kaolin Clay
and enough water to make a thin paste. Apply it all over your scalp and hair. Wash it off in 20 minutes and shampoo. If you have extremely dry hair and scalp, add a tablespoon of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
to this mask.
DIY SCALP SCRUB WITH CURRY LEAVES
Mix two tablespoons of Curry Leaves Powder
, 2 tablespoons of Kaolin Clay
, one teaspoon of Sodium Bicarbonate well together. To use, activate the powder with enough water and gently massage it on scalp to remove scalp build up. Do this once a month.
Do tag us on social media using the #blenditrawbeauty
if you make any of these DIYs.