When we talk about oils for hair care, Rosemary Essential Oil is the first one to come in our mind. A versatile essential oil, used for skincare, aromatherapy & food, Rosemary Oil has been medically proven to be effective for hair growth and male pattern baldness. Leave it to Instagram to hype up its greatness even more—with claims that the oil can help stimulate hair growth. But is it true? Yes! absolutely. But are you using it right? No! A lot of Instagram pages have been promoting different ways to use it without prior knowledge of essential oils which can be extremely damaging. Let us find our the right and safe way to include Rosemary Essential Oil in your hair care routine.
What is Rosemary Oil?
Rosemary essential oil is the pale liquid oil produced along with Rosemary Hydrosol
by the process of steam distillation using fresh Rosemary Leaves. It is a herbaceous and pungent oil that can be used in diffuser and perfume blends, cosmetic recipes for skin and hair health, and household cleaning.
Rosemary Essential Oil Benefits for Hair
- Rosemary Oil is rich in Carnosic acid, an active ingredient to heal nerve endings that may rejuvenate nerves in the scalp too, in turn possibly restoring hair growth
- According to a study, it has been proven as effective as minoxidil. During the process, it helped the side effect of itchy scalp more successfully than minoxidil
- If used regularly, it has been proven to prevent male pattern baldness.
How To Include Rosemary Essential Oil in Hair Care Routine
The only way to use Rosemary Essential Oil for hair loss is to mix it with an oil.
DIY Rosemary Hair Oil: In a 100ml bottle of any carrier oil, add 12-15 drops of Rosemary Essential Oil, shake well and use.
- For best results, use it with our Kalonji Oil (a carrier oil used for hair growth).
Caution While Using Rosemary Oil
- Never ever use it directly. It can severely damage skin/scalp.
- Never mix it with water. Water and oils are immiscible.
- Stay away from DIYs on Instagram mentioning "add 4-5 drops to your hair masks", "4-5 drops to water and use on scalp".
- Buy 100% pure, rosemary essential oil by questioning the brand where and how it is made. Many sellers are just selling artificial fragrance in the bottle.
Rosemary has been used by many to promote hair growth successfully. Using rosemary essential oil could very well do the same for you if you use it THE RIGHT WAY. Science and personal experience together both strongly suggest the essential oil does protect against hair loss, particularly that related to male or female pattern baldness. It may even be effective for alopecia. Link to purchase our Rosemary Essential Oil made in Uttarakhand
: Click Here!